Commitment is what transforms a promise into reality.
It’s important to keep in mind that the builder’s agent is working on behalf of the builder and does not have your best interests at heart. When you hire us, it doesn’t cost you anything because the builder pays our commission and you get the benefits of having a Realtor represent you.
When visiting new construction homes, always be sure to tell the on-site agent that you are working with an agent.
Find your dream home with the most accurate list of new construction home.
Start comparing the new homes and the builder.
Agree and Sign
Negotiate and sign the contract with your chosen builder.
What to Expect During Negotiations
- In a seller’s market, keep in mind that most builders are not going to negotiate aggressively on the price, especially when there is a shortage of inventory.
- Lender incentives are sometimes provided by the builder if you use their preferred lender.
- In a seller’s market, upgrades are often non-negotiable.
- In a buyer’s market, we have more room to negotiate .
- Refrigerator, washer, & dryer are not typically included in the cost of the home.
- When buying an existing home, we can often negotiate for sellers to pay your title insurance policy. In new construction, builders almost always pass on the title policy cost to the buyers.
Overview of Builders Contracts
- Most new construction contracts are drawn up by the builders attorneys and are not the standard Tennessee Association of Realtors (TAR) contract.
- Builders will often provide a builder warranty that lists everything that they will cover the first year you are in your home. (We will review this prior to submitting an offer.)
Customize your home to fit your personality.
- We suggest factoring in anywhere between 5K-20K in upgrades when looking at new construction properties.
- We will try to obtain a list of upgrades prior to signing a contract.
- You typically have a certain timeframe after signing a contract to select these upgrades.
- Change orders are additional charges if you decide to make changes after you have made your final selections .This can get costly so make sure you are okay with the finishes you selected before signing a contract.
- Change order monies as well as upgrade costs are typicalIy charged to you at the time and they cannot be rolled into the loan.
What to Know Before Buying New Construction Home
Buying a new construction home is a different process from purchasing a previously owned home. Here are a few things you should consider whether new construction is right for you.
Our Mission for Buyers and Sellers
We are committed to providing an unparalleled home buying and selling experience through attention to detail and sincerely caring for everyone we work with. We come from a place of peace and abundance, so our only objective is to minister and truly serve people by getting them into the right home for them and their family to create community. Buying and selling homes just happens to be part of how we do it.